Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dancing Queen

I saw the Broadway showing of "Mama Mia" last night and I am still dancing and singing this morning. I cannot get the music out of my head. I am sure the people watching me in my car must think I have gone completely crazy. And while I am singing and dancing to these secular songs, I cannot stop thinking about my God. I am filled to overflowing with joy. I have so, so much to be thankful for. So today, I just want to worship and praise my God all day long. I will ask Him for nothing because He has supplied all my needs (Philippians 4:19) and given me so much more. Today I will lift Him up, glorify His name, sing songs to my King and give thanks for all that I have in Him. What a beautiful day!

Thank you Lord for my home, my health, my happiness. Thank you for this overwhelming joy inside my soul that can only come from you. Thank you for my family and friends who stand beside me despite my many moods. Thank you for my memories that have brought me so much happiness and shaped me into the woman I am today. Thank you, Lord, for the beauty that surrounds me this season. Thank you for the body you've given me and for seeing the beauty in your creation despite the faults that I may dwell upon. You are an awesome and mighty and powerful God and nothing can compare to your greatness.

Psalm 92:1-2 "It is good to praise the Lord and make music in your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night..."

I encourage you to read the rest of that Psalm and allow God to speak to your heart. I challenge you to praise, honor and thank your God all day long, without requiring anything in return. Allow God to fill your soul today, fill it to overflowing with His joy. Turn on your favorite music and sing to Him! Grab your kids and sing and dance praises to our King. Throw a feather boa around your neck and become a "dancing queen" for God and have the time of your life!!!

2 comments:

Joe and Carolyn said...

Knew you'd love Mamma Mia. It had me wanting to get up and dance in the aisles. I've seen it 3 or 4 times and everytime is just as great as the last. Love, Mom

Abels said...

Want to see so badly! Wish you were here to go with! I have really been enjoying your posts- you make me think a little bit deeper each time- thanks for sharing! Miss ya.