Thursday, September 18, 2008

Big Plans

My youngest son begins Kindergarten next year. My husband and I have decided that it will be time for me to go back to work at that point. It was actually our plan all along. Once the kids were all in school, I would go back to work. The only problem is that I have grown accustomed to living off my husband's paycheck. I like unemployment. I really don't want to go back to work and if I do, what will I do?? I have just a few more months to decide. What does God really want me to do with my future?



I have learned my lesson about doing my own thing when God wants me somewhere else. So I am treading down this path very carefully. I want God's will for my life. I don't want to waste my time in a place that He never intended me to be. So I am praying and seeking Him until I know for sure, without a shadow of a doubt, what God's plan is for my life.



I began reading a book called "Pathway to Purpose for Women" by Katie Brazelton. What is my purpose? Does God want me to go into teaching again? Do I go back to school? Do I start my own business? Do I convince my husband that I really want to stay home and do nothing but eat bon-bons and watch soaps all day?? (probably not, but it's worth a shot) I haven't finished the book, but this I know for sure...



The Bible very clearly states in I Corinthians 2: 9, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what god has prepared for those who love Him!" My God has big, BIG plans for my life (and yours). I don't know exactly what they are, yet. But He has it all under control. I can't even imagine the possibilities. So while I wait and pray for the path that God wants me to follow into my future, I will have hope. I get all excited just thinking about it! And while I wait and pray, I will enjoy every moment of the path that I am currently on. He has big, Big plans for me and I am living out those plans right now. I am a mom. What bigger plan could I ask for?? My God is so good.

No comments: